Kyou wa donna aji datta?

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Kill me baby!

I did something really embarrassing today!

Really....




I really need your opinion so comment after this..



On our philosophy class...

We had a debate.. You know about it right?
Our group was assigned to prove the "Existence of God"

Of course I believe in God too!
But, it's really hard defending right?

I really wanted to speak... but I can't think of anything to defend my group..

So I went to my professor's table and told him
"Would you allow me to defend individually for the Non-existence of God?"

I know I sounded like someone who didn't believe in God that time.. 

He just told me..
"Now? It's fine, I'll give you time later.."

So the arguments resumed..
He gave time for both groups to say a few last words and so they did...

He declared the winner for the debate.. it's the group that proved the "Existence of God"
My group on top of that...
(Honestly, My group did well, the other group could have defended their group but they were not that prepared..)

I thought it was over but he called me to speak for myself...




I was nervous and shaking while defending for the "Non existence" as requested..
I started telling them that I do believe in God but I'm doing it for the sake of the debate..
I just talk continuously... and the Professor took note of the things that I pointed out...
After that, I just sat and he started talking again...

He explained those points one by one... Some of them are convincing while the others wasn't satisfying...
Then we decided to continue again next meeting...



I need your opinion!!! Should I regret? That I did that? I wanted to speak up for the debate and not just to agree with my classmates when I have something in mind... I'm really bothered with that.. 

Also, do you think my Professor got mad at me? Offended? or something? 




Lastly, I figured something out from that debate..

I think it's not important whether God exists or not...
I believe in God not because I'm scared or uneasy about the thought that there wasn't anyone to watch for me from above..
I believe in God because it's making my life meaningful...





~D

2 comments:

  1. I don't see anything embarrassing with what you did.. so I'm not sure what to comment.
    First off, yea you sounded like you didn't believe in God that time, but hey, God knows you didn't mean it that way.
    Next, your prof may or may not be offended (I don't know him but he's a philosophy professor so he should have a wide understanding of things so, I guess there should be no problem about that) since you said and did your part as philosophy student, I don't see why he should be offended.
    Lastly, why should you regret? Do you dislike what you did? If not, then don't regret, don't put unnecessary negative feelings in yourself. If you're having doubts about what you did, then there must be something wrong, reflect upon it but never regret it. It's already done, regretting it won't change the fact. Don't get stuck up with whats already done. Don't regret it just learn from it. Do better next time!

    well, don't mind it much. Btw, Which are you siding next debate?

    Best of luck!
    ~L

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really happy that you DID comment like I said... haha... I asked a few people about it too.. they told me that same thing. I worried a lot after that. I don't regret saying those things~ I would have felt worse if I didn't have the chance to speak up. :D Thanks again!

      The next debate? We don't have any for the next meeting... :)

      ~D

      Delete